How does Online Hypnotherapy work?
Hypnotherapy doesn’t rely on the hypnotherapist being in the room with you. It is sufficient that you can see and hear the hypnotherapist and you’ll have the same beneficial experience as you would in a face-to-face session.
In fact, some clients find online hypnotherapy via Zoom less stressful than a face-to-face session. This is because they can remain in familiar surroundings throughout the session. And they do not have the stress of driving to an appointment and meeting someone unknown at first in this person's environment.
Online hypnotherapy has proven to work and is a viable and effective way to help clients achieve their goals from the comfort of their favourite place or even while on holidays.
And it has got many advantages to:
- Other than communicating with e-mail or messages using video call, the hypnotherapist can interact with the client in the here and now. Just like in a face-to-face session. He can build rapport and discuss all important issues on the spot.
- Some people may be too embarrassed to visit a local hypnotherapist and won’t want other people knowing their business. Doing the hypnotherapy online eliminates that problem. The clients have total privacy.
- Opting for online therapy gives you the advantage to be able to choose any hypnotherapist you feel most comfortable with, even if his office is far away from where you live.
No time consuming and expensive travelling will be necessary. Even from the other side of the world you can visit your hypnotherapist from the comfort of your own home.
- Online hypnotherapy is easily accessible for anyone with mobility issues. Therefore, it might be the best option for a client who is disabled, house-bound or suffering from other physical or mental illnesses. However, someone suffering from agoraphobia it might be a great idea to get the first one or two sessions online and the follow-up sessions in person. At least this is the recommended approach at My Hypnotherapist.
- And as we all have experienced on numerous occasions, whether doing our weekly shopping or plan a holiday, doing certain things online simply is convenient.
- And because so many hypnotherapists are offering their services online, and are searching for new clients online as well, their offers have become competitively priced. That allows the potential client to find the right service at the best price effortlessly and conveniently.
Just as in a face-to-face session, in an online session My Hypnotherapist will start by getting to know you and the issues you are faced with. My hypnotherapist will talk to you and he will listen closely to find out about
- your lifestyle,
- what you have already tried and
- what worked for you and what did not.
The first and most important task in any therapy session is for the therapist to build rapport with the clients. This is for him being able to communicate effectively, help the client to relax, and look for possible solutions. He does that by using his voice.
The voice is all we at My Hypnotherapist need to help you relax, to get you to close your eyes and enter a hypnotic state. Using just our words and our special tone of voice we can bypass what is called the critical factor, or critical conscious mind, and access your subconscious.
Doing so online via video is just another format.
In a traditional face-to-face setting, some preparation is required. The hypnotherapist needs a quiet room where both the client and the hypnotherapist feel comfortable. Ideally this room is painted in neutral or flat colours so there are no distractions.
A cosy chair or sofa to help the clients relax is also commonplace, but not necessary.
The same applies to controllable lighting to create the right atmosphere.
And the therapist might want a desk and chair, laptop and printer and a telephone; how else could an online session happen?
To make an online hypnotherapy session work, the hypnotherapist has to ensure that some important things are in place in advance:
- Both the hypnotherapist and the client need to be in a quiet location, because any noise can be distracting.
- A reliable internet connection has to be in place. This also goes for both the therapist and the client.
- The therapist needs to discuss the payment method with the client in advance. But this also applies to regular online bookings with My Hypnotherapist. But alternative arrangements are possible as well.
- We at My hypnotherapist strive to make it as easy as possible for the client, for example pay-by-credit-card or by PayPal. It goes without saying that a secure payment facility is in place in order to minimize any risk to our client’s financial details.
- The hypnotherapist will need a confirmed invitation from the client or will provide a link to Zoom himself.
- And both need to agree on a session time that is convenient for both. At My Hypnotherapist we use two consecutive 30-minute sessions on Zoom.
At the beginning of the session the therapist will explain how things will work and reassure the client, that online hypnotherapy is equally as effective as a face-to-face session.